Thursday, September 07, 2006

Cleaned Up Comments Pages

Ok guys, I've done what I could to clean up too-rough comments out there. I started to just purge them all, but then decided that they do provide a valuable resource. So, some of the earlier articles will have a lot of missing comments (some good, some bad). The later articles, however, should have basically a whiddle down version of the comments page, sans what I considered to be objectitonable ones. Don't worry, there are still lots of anti-blog posts to keep things equitable.

As for the idea of creating a best-of-the-comments post for the front page, I threw that around, but now that I'm trying to just keep an archive of the comments, it seems unncessary, especially given space constraints.

One final thing. If stuff cools down, we may turn comments back on and see how folks behave. But I just flat out can't have my inbox clogged with comment requests, many of which just let me know that people hate me before they even read what's written on here. So, let's see how things progress and maybe we can get back to some civilized debate in the days to come.

All the best,
Josh