Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Letter Requesting Bylaws Pursuant to Tennessee Code

Below is the letter I'll be turning in at the Associate Pastor's Office tomorrow morning in person. I'll let you all know how it turns out.


******* Street

*********, ** *****


August 31, 2006

2000 Appling Road
Cordova, Tennessee 38016

Dear Mr. Dougharty:

Yesterday I requested a copy of Bellevue Baptist Church’s bylaws from your office by telephone. Your administrative assistant informed me that the church does not give out those of documents. She also informed me that I might personally view them in your offices at my convenience. While I appreciate her offer, I would still like to obtain a copy of our bylaws.

Pursuant to Tennessee Code, Title 48, Chapter 66, Sections 101, 102, & 103; and §48-67-101 & 102; I, a member in good standing of Bellevue Baptist Church, request a copy of that organization’s bylaws to be made available to me or my agent (§48-66-103a) within five (5) business days of this written request (§48-66-102a).

My request for these documents is based on a desire to review the bylaws and provide suggestions for amending those documents, this so that said documents, not having been modified in greater than 50 years, may be more in keeping with current standards. This reason comports with §48-66-102c-1, 2, & 3.

By my calculations, the date these materials are to be ready for receipt is September 8. On that date I will call in advance to ensure the documents are ready for retrieval. Appropriate reimbursement for reasonable expenses incurred from cooperation with this request (§48-66-103c) will be available upon receipt of the requested documents.

Thank you,



***** *****

No comments: